Valves are a crucial component of reciprocating gas compressors that carry out the flow of gases. The valves considered automatic as they work due to fluctuation in pressure. The key factor to maintaining the long life of valves is to have a supportive action of the sealing components with minimal resistance. It is essential as they continuously impact the seat and the guard.
The reciprocating valve opens and closes every time a crankshaft takes a complete rotation. So, if a crankshaft is making 1000 rpm (rotations per minute), the valve would close and open 1,440,000 times in 24 hours, which results in a high wear rate.
Choosing compressor valves depends on various aspects such as pressure and differential pressure, rotation per minute, and temperature while the device is functioning. The most common valves known and available in the market are plate, poppet, ring and StraightFlo valves. Of these, Zahroof valves are in high demand because they require far less repair and maintenance.
Here is an explanation of how they help to reduce the operating cost of reciprocating gas compression:
– Decreased fuel costs: As the gas flow in these valves is straight, they are proven to be highly efficient in comparison to other traditional valves. The improved valve efficiency results in an increased flow that lessens compressor power. With StraightFlo valves, working at 1000 rpm, the fuel consumption would be decreased by 10% when compared to other types of valves.
The fuel cost reduction would also add up to a smaller carbon footprint and cost-effective use of energy.
– Diminished service costs: StraightFlo valves are like MRV – Module Reed Valves that have an extended lifespan. Unlike other valves, the carrier plates of these valves (one of the most expensive parts in any valve) do not need repairing or replacement. As it has the modular design, it is easy for anyone to change the old modules with new ones. It just takes 5 to 10 minutes and a few screws to unfasten and fasten. The changing time is thus significantly less than those of conventional valves.
– Reduction in downtime: Compressor valves are the reason for 36% of unexpected compressor shutdowns. The Zahroof StraightFlo valves’ service interval is 2 to 5 times better than the other conventional valves. It decreases the downtime of the compressor, which affects overall production. It is important as downtime of production affects the revenue and can result in a huge loss of the company outcomes. Also, emissions can occur on account of venting, pipe blow-downs, purging and flaring. For the gas industry, it is important to ensure the emissions are minimal.
– Inventory cost reduction: In these valves, modules are the only thing that would need to be changed, since carrier plates do not need replacement or repair. This means that the Zahroof StraightFlo valves require far less storage area. Around 5 to 6 sets of modules would be more than enough to maintain all the valves, making inventory keeping easy and efficient.
– Long life: Helical rings are a must in other categories of valves to keep them in the ‘off’ position. Since they are exposed, they face the highest resistance and stress which is responsible for breakdowns. It makes the valve inefficient and causes failures quickly.
StraightFlo valves are designed with fewer chances of disruptions which extends their lifespan, thus making them more reliable than any other valves. These valves have greater tolerance, which helps to generate higher revenue. Visit ZahroofValves.com for more information on these valves and to find out how you can benefit from this pioneering product.